Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 23:03:31 -0800
I just wanted to take a moment and address the issue of the ferret that
a few years ago was a defendant, along with a pit bull puppy, in a case
of a baby who had her toes "chewed" off by one or the other while her
parents slept nearby. The ferret was released to F.E.R.R.E.T. by the
district attorney's office and she was moved out of state. I was told
by the representative that the ferret was not the guilty party. I also
want to point out that the pit bull puppy was placed in a rescue. MY
personal thought is that the puppy saw toes, thought it was mom's milk
and just sucked on them. The sharp little teeth and the tiny toes were
probably not a good combo and it was unavoidable. The pets were just
being pets and parents were negligent.

That incident occurred in Bossier City, Louisiana, not Nevada.

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we