From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:32:45 EDT
I need help, around 2 1/2 years ago I rescued my first ferret, Bandit, hes
still with me, going strong at 7 or so yrs old.

Well he made me start a ferret shelter so I could help out more of his
kind.  He MADE me do it, I had no choice, None, Zero Zip, Nada.

Now he has a zillion (give or take a few) friends and chickie poos.  and i
am their devoted and loyal, obediant, hard working slave.  My rewards are
warm squishy piles of presents on the floor to greet me in the morning,
lack of social life, many paws helping me to shower, find matching socks,
put on my war paint, and finding my keys in the wee hours of the morning
dark.  Not that I would have it any other way, (they are watching me as I
type this, shhhhhh).  PLEASE someone out there can you remind me of what
its like to go out to a movie, watch a movie at home with no interuptions
of ferret spats, showering alone, no bandaids on your fingers, and toes.
How about a clean and orderly house, money in the bank, a 40 hour work
week, shopping at the mall, not Petsmat or Petco.

I just want to remember those days, and know i would NEVER trade my life
now to what is was before.

These little fuzzie, heart stealing, slave drivers are the best thing that
has ever happened to me, (besides my son, who is a slave also).

BTW, my son Damian, who keeps telling me we can't take any more ferrets in,
agreed to take in the ferret today that has a mass on its head.  when i
questioned him he said "well this one really needs us".  I don't want him
to die.

Life is Good.

be grateful for what you have, I know i am.
Peace,
CJ and the happy gang of ferret butts..............