From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:33:03 -0400
Over the term I have posted many times here about Totally Ferret. I do
NOT recommend it for anything other than traction for your tires in icy
conditions, if that. I had a very real issue with Totally Ferret that
almost killed 'Bud', Totally Ferret would only refund the cost of the
kibble but not the vet bills that resulted from eating that crap.
Quality control has been proven to almost not exist and GMP for certain
is not a part of their process. There are many other foods that do
quite well if not super well. I agree ferret food is becoming more and
more difficult to get where many stores do not carry it except for a
very few if that many brands and only in small tiny bags. Is very
discouraging but is how it is.

I use a blend of Marshalls Ferret food and high grade kitten food that
has only the proper array of ingredients that render the adequate array
of fat to protein ratio. That can be difficult to find but I have done
ok on that so far.

Pester Doodle had a horrible lesson in practical physics this morning.
Her cage is on the porch and open so she has out time 24x7. She doesn't
leave the cage much now that Peekaboo is gone but she has free reign of
the turf. This morning, as I do every morning, I check on her just to
see if she is ok. I opened the door to the cage and she came to meet me
as usual, and as usual she climbed on my hand and arm but this time she
fell. She was close enough to the cage to grab on to the side so she
didn't fall the 4 + feet to the floor, but she was upside down! Ha!

She managed to grab the wire on the cage with all four feet but was
butt high. Now the claws really don't have a good grip where the curve
is then backwards to the forces and the physics of gravity were taking
their effect. I could see in her face she was really in a dilemma and
had not one single clue of what to do or how to do it to get out of
that predicament. I reached over and plucked her off the cage side,
like plucking an apple off a tree. For sure she was very grateful to
have this rescue. Sure was comical to see all this happen. Just glad
I was there to save her from a good fall to a hard floor. You HAVE to
love a ferret!
--
Envelope How much in your home was made in the USA?
No longer are we self suffecient, we are owned by other nations and