From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 11:02:55 -0700
OK, everyone, let's put our heads together and see if we can help this lady.
She teaches middle school in the Albuquerque, New Mexico area and wants to
adopt another ferret to replace one who just died of adrenal cancer.  The
one who died, a male, left behind a little female who, of course, is
broken-hearted.

This lady takes the ferrets to school so the students (eighth-graders) can
learn about them, and then takes them home again at night.  Both ferrets
were rescued and given to her; one was found outdoors and the other in an
animal shelter.  She doesn't have a lot of money to spend (for a teacher in
New Mexico, that goes without saying) and would like to adopt one for free,
but would be willing to spend up to $50 if absolutely necessary.  She would
also be willing to drive some distance (as would I) to pick one up.

Are there any shelter owners in the New Mexico vicinity (how about you
folks down in Las Cruces and Carlsbad) with a ferret to adopt?

Please e-mail me directly.

Thank you.
                Linda, Espie, Frankie, Lucky Charm, and Angel