From:
Ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:51:19 -0000
Eric Corbett wrote
>I say: Your vet has certainly never received a threatening letter from
>me, or anyone else that I am aware of.

That is very odd considering my vet is extremely angry at having his
professional judgement brought into question by a non vet, namely YOU.

>The issue is whether unqualified people like yourself are proper
>advocates for a potentially dangerous and apparently unnecessary
>treatment for ear mites in ferrets.

And who are you to question the treatment my vets give to my ferrets?
You are also unqualified.

At no time did I say that ferret owners had to use fipronil for ear
mites, it is up the qualified veterinary surgeon and to the client
whether or not this treatment is carried out - after all Frontline is
a POM product.

Do you really advocate applying a lighted cigarette to a tick to shock it
into letting go?  I reckon I'll stick to either Frontline or Vaseline.
Did you know that a syringe case with a "V" cut into it can be used to
dislodge the little blighters as well, my vet showed me that money saver!
However, it can take a bit of trial a error to cut the "V" correctly so
that the tick is removed with a very satisfying click.

I have to take an elderly jill of mine down to the vet shortly - the
vet wants to try out some drugs on her to see if they will help her
condition.

[Moderator's note: Looks like this has gone beyond a subject of public
benefit unless you enjoy watching daytime tv drama.  Let's please move
on to the next scandal.  BIG]