From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2010 00:13:34 -0400
I am going to probably get flamed here. But here goes.

This baby has been suffering...It is not fair for her to suffer. I know
I do not know all the circumstances. If it were me I would have bought
"Baby Girl", had her treated - then fight.

Sometimes we get so caught up in the fight...we loose sight of the
purpose, which is to get "Baby Girl" treatedl and home. Do you love
her? Then quit fighting over money!

I have been reading this for over a week. I know that no one wants to
buy a sick ferret then pay for treatment on top of the selling price.
This is not a question of money as much as suffering.

While I think what you are doing is admirable, It is taking too much
time. The longer it takes, the longer "Baby Girl" suffers. She is at
the vet and still waiting to be treated, from what I understand. If her
infection is not being treated she could die, from the infection and
all your work would be for naught.

Also I do not trust them, they could put her down, and tell you that
she passed. Do what you have to do, to get her out of there, Buy her,
pay for her treatment. Take her home and then fight the fight for all
your worth. Meawhile "Baby Girl" will be out of harms way in your
loving arms. Have you been to the vet and seen her? How do you know she
is there? The store, distributors and the breedes, are not concerned
about her they will do the cheapest thing which, whether we want to
face it or not.. They just do not care. Why should they invest a large
sum of money for surgery for her, and only get $100. for her? Are you
going to pay the vet bills, even if they give her to you, or on top of
the selling price. They buy the baby ferrets for about $30.00 each.
The store has already invested in food, and miniminal care. If you are
expecting them to put out over $100.00 and then sell her to you for
$100. You are being unrealistic. These are money grubbing people who do
not care about "Baby Girl", they do not love her like you do. All they
think about is the bottom line. If I were closer, I would buy her, and
take her to my vet, keep her and love her. Sorry, I have major trust
issues with pet stores. I do not trust anything they say. I am not
flaming you. You are a wonderful person. Your heart is in the right
place. You are so angry with petco, it seems that you lost your focus.
Yes, the fight is for "Baby Girl" but she is getting lost in the fight
and not getting the help she needs. Yes, she does need to go home with
you. She needs love and care that only you are willing to give her.
GET "Baby Girl" out of there and GET HER Treated. You are just as bad
as the Petco, letting this go on.

I know that you love "Baby Girl" already.

We as ferret owners cannot seem to understand the callous way pets are
treated. Look at puppy mills, same thing. The breeder has a different
view of things than we do. They do not get attached. it is just a
product to them. People who live on farms have a differnt view of
things. They cannot become attached because they send their poultry,
and cows to market. I could never be a farmer.