From:
"Michael R. Butz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:39:23 -0600
Reading the Chicago Tribune this morning, I found the following article:

FAMILY FERRET BITES
BABY GIRL 50 TIMES

From Tribune News Services
February 23, 1998

[Moderator's note: Article deleted due to copyright restrictions. BIG]

Let us remember that even the most sweet and docile ferret can bite, hard,
and for no apparent reason.  People with infants and small children should
be aware of this, and take precautions.  As wonderful as they are, thousands
of years of domestication have not completely bred out the "killer" instinct
they used to have!  But I love 'em anyway!

--michael, cinder and woozle
Michael R. Butz
Biomedical Research Technician
Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory