Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:51:53 EDT
For those who have written about how adorable Mini-Me sounds-you are
right.  She is like a 3 month old ferret--always running around,
chuckling, leaping-checking out everything.  She rarely sleeps.

I am going to the doctor again today.  It is hard to move without pain.
And yet I must take care of my 80 year old mother each Sunday-cleaning,
pulling weeds, watering the lawn, buying groceries, feeding the birds.  I
am shortening my hours at work at the Drs.  insistence-and the insistence
of my body.  I wisely see that I am on my last leg of sheltering
abandoned, abused, starving, injured, and psychologically traumatized
animals.

Mini-Me has to have a separate time out here.  It does not give her as
much time to go bizerk now as I would like for her.  She would not stop
trying to hurt Maria, and repeatedly bit very old Cheyenne in the same
spot on his face.  He actually needed surgery.  She has attacked chubby
goofy Waldo with a vengence-tearing out his fur, then complaining in her
loud chuckles about the taste while spitting out his fur with this
unhappy face..  Her whole body is shaking uncontrollably.

She has suffered a great deal in her life.  These terrors and this
instinct to destroy may well be the results of the nightmare she lived
through.

With my back, it is hard to lean over to find where everyone is on
some days-so that I can put them to safety before Mini-Me is set lose.
Mini-Me has to do her search and destroy mission the second she comes out
of her cage.  It is deliberate and intense.  I follow her closely and
listen for the first cry, and then grab the poor innocent before Mini-Me
sinks her teeth in.

Mini-Me kisses me, and trusts me now.  She also nips me in play.  She
needs play time with dangling objects like socks or bras or belts or
toys on strings, or cat tails.  I am not afraid of how she will do with
a ferret wise person.

Draw backs to Mini-Me

1. She painfully bites cats and chases them without mercy.
2. She hates female ferrets
3. She tore a hole through my carpet in the bedroom.  She seems to be
   done with this stage of destruction--but who can say?
4. She attacks the old and the weak: Yet all the while she does this
   she is screaming, poofed, and shaking like a leaf.
5. She likes to come under the covers and nip everywhere in the dead of
   the night.

   I pick her up and kiss her and talk to her.  She kisses me back.  I
   let her go.  She runs for my toes, and ankles again.  She crawls up
   pants and under shirts.
6. She likes to run up peoples bodies and sit on their heads.
7. She might nip and scare children.  She cannot be around them.  One
   cannot take that chance with such a complex animal as Mini-Me.

Good stuff:

1. She is healthy and lively
2. She is a pretty little thing.
3. She is an adventurer.  I think she would adapt well to a loving
   loving home.
4. She is the most complex ferret I have ever met.  I think that she is
   intriguing.
5. She is hysterical.  She can leap and fly through the air and climb
   straight up cages and clothing for many feet. She is like Bat Woman.

I will keep her all of her life if she cannot have a special home where
there are currently one or a few healthy male ferrets.  She is vigorous
company for the 2 year old males that were already here when I brought
Mini-Me home.  She runs onto their backs and rides on their back
chattering away.  Then the wrestling and tearing through the house
begins.

E-mail me if you are interested and in Illinois.  I am not really
expecting any response.  I would just like her to have more time out.
Right now, she can only be out at night after 9.  I have to put her in
a cage come morning to insure the safety of the others.

She is a tiny wild vixen, and deserves a zany loving home with NO female
ferrets or old ferrets, and no other ferrets being brought in to the
house.  She will not tolerate that.

She is one of a kind.
It may be that I would be the best home available for her complex
nature-despite the limited time she has out..She is a good litter box
user-unlike Ma-We-Ah, who piddles absolutely everywhere.

I will certainly not bring any other ferrets home now that I know it
cannot be tolerated by her.

Lisette