From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:26:19 -0400
If someone has ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.

For the past three weeks, Noodle has been behaving very differently.  Since
I feed Friday three times a day, I'm normally in the ferret room pretty
regularly and I always make a racket by cleaning the cage, taking Friday out
to eat, etc.  Usually the other two, Easel and Noodle, are up and about
shortly after I come down.

But these past few weeks, I noticed Noodle wasn't coming down along with
Easel and Friday.  In fact, if I took him out and tried to coerce him into
playing, he wouldn't - he'd just go back up to his hammock and sleep.  He's
been sleeping, as far as I can tell, constantly since this started.

He's eating and drinking - he wakes up to go to the bathroom, to eat, drink,
and sometimes to switch hammock locations.  However, I can come downstairs,
clean their cage, clatter around, turn on the dehumidifier, and he won't
even stir a whisker if he's asleep.  He's 200 grams under his summer weight
from last summer, but he hasn't been losing weight too quickly this summer
from what I can tell from my recent records.  He LOOKS, however, gaunt as a
skeleton.

Anybody have any ideas?  The vet put him on a 5-day course of amoxi that
didn't have any effect and drew blood which didn't show any sort of problems
as far as the vet could see.  Noodle's getting fed TF and Iam's Natural Lamb
& Rice.  Abdominal palpations felt normal to the vet, Noodle's eyes and nose
aren't runny, but he is stinkier - possibly due to his not taking care of
himself?

The other two are great - when I came down this morning Friday was giving
Easel a good ol' butt-walloping.  Not bad for a fairly advanced lymphoma
ferret.  Easel's tail was bottle-brushed and Friday was dishin' it out.  :)

Potpie is also doing well - I took two rolls of film of the ferts and will
be scanning/posting the best to my web site soon
(http://www.us.itd.umich.edu/~squirty/hp/pets/). Check them out! See
Potpie, possesser of the cutest freckled pink nose on the Internet, and
fierce chaser of non-existent rabbits! Marvel at Easel, sultry centerfold
model! (no airbrushing! all natural babes!)

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters