Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 17:50:25 EDT
Marshall Farms has lay people off the street perform the surgeries on
the ferrets in a kitchen like setting without sterilization techniques
necessary to prevent infection or spread of infection.  This was what we
learned from one of the veterinarians that worked for Marshall Farms that
I wrote of last year.  You can read about it yourself on-line.  Just
check the archives.  It will give you the exact info you need to read
the parti cular newspaper article on-line.  I believe that the vet is a
reknowned author of a ferret veterianarian book concerning surgery and
diseases.  She said also that MF had only vets "on call" for all of the
ferrets at the puppy mill..

I cannot remember the exact details.  Anyone actually interested can
find out for themselves.  And yes-MF sells our intelligent, sensitive,
inquisitive living beings we call ferrets to labs.  I understand business
is better than ever.

It is never too late to read all the articles I gave to everyone last year,
form your own opinions, and boycott MF if you feel the articles compel you
in that direction.  And let everyone you know understand that buying their
products promotes their business.

There was nothing with substantiation I could find on false MF ferrets.
It was all hearsay-not a single article to back it up that I could find.
Anyone know where -if anywhere-the articles on this are?  Perhaps I
missed it.

Last year, the managers here I interviewed said the ferrets came from MF,
they were sure, and they did not like MF at all because of the ferrets
being sold so young.

But a rumor of false MF ferrets that are sick can certainly benefit MF.
The MF company can have a scapegoat then for mistakes made by their lay
people performing surgeries in a kitchen like setting without a vet even
on the premises.

Again-this is according to the veterinarian that worked there.

Check it out on the FML archives.