Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:46:10 EDT
Happy Fall Days to all you FMLers.

First...thank you for all the tips on how to blacken the room. It has
obviously been a major concern for me, as I moved a year ago, and this
place does not have the same pitch black hidey holes.In fact, it has
none.

As far as diet, I cannot have raw meats that can be hidden away to rot
in my underwear drawer. My poopers are free roam. So as wonderful as
raw might be...it would never be a consideration....An interest in
reading about...but not a possibility.

Secondly...I do not know what in the name of God is wrong with me...but
I get these spiked fevers and become really ill about 3 times a year.
The last illness took 3 weeks out of work and 4 different antibiotics
and bruised my ribs from coughing....I want my home as limited in germs
as possible to stave off these illnesses. I have enough to contend with
cleaning up all the poopies next to the litter box or in front of the
living room door .

I have evolved now to cooking chickens and grinding them up and adding
AD moist cat food and Melatonin pills. I always have out fresh water
and 2 large bowls of mixed kibble with a variety of 3 to 4 quality
kibbles where the first ingrediant is chicken or turkey. But the
babiestrot out of wherever they spent the night to lie on the kitchen
floor as soon as my alarm goes off to wait for their bowl of warm moist
food. I am busy trying not to step on anyone as I get the cats their
food and individually microwave each dish.

I used to do the cooked ground chicken with Ferretvite. But I dread
insulinoma like a plague, and my guys gobble up the AD/ground chicken
without sweetening it.

No one wants a cooked chicken leg here but me...not even the cats. So
that is not going to work.

We are all individuals with various situations and health issues, time
constraints, etc. Free roaming, rotating toys, boxes and blankets,
crinkle papers, toweling; a mess in my home, and litter boxes in every
single room for the happiness and freedom of my little ones...That is a
biggy for me personally.

And it is something that I can do for them. I realize how much extra
work it requires. But as I do not have a husband or children to step on
these guys or accidentally let them out, and I chose my home and
altered it before moving in to be safe for my babies, I am able to
offer the ferrets something another home might not be able to.

So while I cannot offer the babies a mouse or chick..I do not feel
guilty. This is just the road I have chosen to travel.

I enjoy reading of the differences of people who love ferrets. It is
one of the things I like about the FML.

Stay warm,
Lisette