From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:51:09 -0500
Sent to Diane Rogers and forwarded on to me:
Roger F. Murray, Rabies Control Program, Communicable Disease Section,
Nebraska Health and Human Services System (Letter has no address or phone
on it but I have the following from Shelley and Chris Knudsen who are
working with Gary Gerhard and others in Nebraska:  P.O. Box 95007, Lincoln,
NE 68509-5007; 402-471-2937.); excerpts:

"I've reviewed the 1998 Compendium of Animal Rabies Control which you sent
to me.  Nebraska's rabies' Rules and Regulations are based upon the
Compendium of the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians
and Nebraska will follow the Compendium's recommendations.

In order to make official changes in out Rules and Regulations, public
hearings must be held and any recommendations forwarded to our legal
department.  The Rules and Regulations will be updated and brought into
compliance with the Compendium.

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to review the 1998
Compendium."

As you all see, NOT all of the important state individuals have gotten the
1998 Compendium.  These gaps still have to be found and corrected.

I guess Connecticut must have finished any formalization procedures they had
to take care of because I got the following second letter: Randall S.
Nelson, DVM, (See earlier Connecticut letter for address and phone if
needed.  Also note that CT has a 14 day quarantine period for dogs and cats,
but that extra 4 days isn't really something which is going to make any
difference so not worth anyone being upset about, besides, they acted
rapidly to help save ferrets.); excerpt:

"It is currently the recommendation of the State of Connecticut Advisory
Committee that management of incidents involving ferrets follow the same
guidelines as those involving cats or dogs."

Sukie