Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:25:08 -0700
After reading Renee's comment about the pest control plug-ins (Such as
Riddex) I had to comment on them. Before I adopted my 2 furbabies, I
had a couple of these plug-ins. The ones I had emitted a high frequency
sound as well as some kind of electromagnetic field. Apparently, if you
only have the plug-ins that emit the sound, the pest (mouse, bug, or
whatever) pretty much has to be in front of the device for it to repel
them. With the field, it supposedly penetrates walls and any furniture
to further control your pest problem. The reason I had them is because
I'm DEATHLY afraid of spiders. Hate them.

Anyway, these plug ins also gave me awful headaches and make me feel
ill. They had no effect on my 2 yr old daughter or my husband. However,
when my sister brought her pet rat over for me to watch for a couple
days, the poor thing wouldn't eat or drink and just sat in the corner
of her cage and shook! After a few hours of this, I unplugged the
stupid things and she was fine - AND my headaches and sick feelings
went away.

Plus - the stupid things don't work. When I went to unplug them, a
spider had made his web around the device! So not only do they bother
small animals and possibly cause pain to humans, but they're a waste
of money!

Just thought I'd share.

Melissa