From:
Minnie Fiore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 04:34:11 -0800
Minnie and Daisy need a new home.  I don't necessarily want to just put
an ad in the local paper and sell them.  I want to find them a good
home....someone who will be able to properly take care of them.

My wife and just had our first child and he was born with a heart
condition and required heart surgery 3 days after birth.  Fortunately,
he is recovering well and will hopefully be coming home soon.  He's been
in recovering for 5 weeks and may be home within 2 weeks.  Since he's had
issues with his heart and lungs(respitory), my wife and I do not want any
animals in the house.  It's proly no big deal to keep the ferrets in the
house, but we do have a small house and I know we won't be spending
enough time with the ferrets as we will with our newborn.  He will will
require constant supervision for a couple months.

Anyway, Minnie is our first ferret.  We bought her at 12 weeks old in
Reno about 4 years ago.  She has always been a biter!!!  Blood will be
drawn almost everytime.  I have not been able to break her.  She only
bites fingers and toes.  So I've learned to keep them away from her
mouth.  She does not like to be held or cuddled.  She is definately a
loner.  But we do not neglect her.  She has been better over the years.
It used to be very tricky trying to be sneaky and pick her up.  Now
she'll let you pick her up, but not for too long.

Daisy, on the other hand, is an absolute angel!  We bought her at about
10 weeks in Reno about 1 year ago.  She LOVES attention!  She'll play,
cuddle, etc.  She does not bite at all and never has.  She's a lot bigger
than Minnie too.  Minnie is very small.

I have 2 large cages for them.  I do not keep them in seperate cages and
never have.  Minnie and Daisy get along great!  My first cage was too
big....the newer cage is a little smaller and easier to manage.Well, if
you're interested or know someone who is, please contact me asap.  Email
me at [log in to unmask]  Thanks!

I'm not real interested in selling them, I'd prefer to give them away to
someone who can properly take care of them.  Unless somebody wants to pay
for them AND properly take care of them. ;)