From:
Pie O' Pah At the Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:34:55 +0000
Dear Sandra,

I am so sorry that I did not answer you sooner, but things have been
pretty darn busy up here. We just had a baby Swift arrive a few days
ago and she was so tiny when she passed here, and so very sweet as
well. The people at the Mobile Wildlife Centre as well as the lovely
lady that found her, did everything they could to keep her earth bound,
but she was ready for the Bridge. In fact all of the "motherly" ferts
were clamouring to have that chance to be her new mommy, but it was
Athena who won out in the end. As an Angel of Comfort the Big guy felt
she had not only all of the skills needed, but she also has the heart
as well. I spent quite a few days checking in on them and am happy to
say they are *both* doing well. I would go as far as to say Athena is
glowing even more then usual, can you imagine that? On top of being
this beautiful little albino girl, she now glows all soft hues of pinks
and whites now, and everyone that sees her knows that she has made a
warm and loving place in her heart for that tiny, baby bird.

At any rate, I received the paperwork about Sugar Babe just this
morning, and lucky for me, she took her time arriving here!! It's the
memorial journey we all take before we get here and often times there
are so many wonderful moments that we had in our earthly lives, that
we can't help but stop and relive them over and over again before we
finally end up at the Bridge.

As fast as I could, I went and found Athena, who had already gathered
up Zues, Merlin, Spanky Rose, and Louie ville Slugger. Darling Athena
then told the lot of us that she wanted to make Sugar Babe's arrival
really wonderful... it's that new mommy thing I guess ..... she wants
to take care of everyone and as we were to learn, to decorate the place
as well!!! Everything is usually in full bloom here, so she decided to
decorate the Bridge, and set us about gathering poppies and lavender
and white roses and these really long strands of honeysuckle ..... so
not only would it be beautiful, but it smelled yummy as well! Oh and
Spanky Rose made these lovely lea's, and passed them around for us to
give to Sugar.

I clearly remember when Sugar Babe arrived here. It was a quiet, misty
morning, and as she walked across the bridge the mist gently swirled
about her, and made it appear that she was floating in mid air. The
sun was glinting off her glossy, dark coat and she had this serene look
on her face and was an absolute vision of loveliness. One by one we
gathered about her and draped her in sweet smelling flowers and when we
stood back, it was funny, but all you could clearly see was her tiny,
adorable face! She took her time enjoying the sweet perfumed petals
before shaking them off her body and the running to and wrapping her
tiny arms around Rosie and kissing her all over. They war danced and
hugged some more, and chattered all about how happy they were to see
one and another and finally they invited the rest of us to pile in and
properly greet Sugar Babe.

When I had some private time with Sugar Babe, I took her to the
"Viewing Pool", it is the place we all go when we want to check in on
our loved ones. All we need to do is to whisper your name and then you
appear. You see it is every bit as important to us that we see how you
are doing and that also be able to show you off to the new friends we
are certain to make here. She was very eager to check on you, and for
you to know a few things. When we are given a forever home, it is known
far and wide, that we are given our own piece of heaven on earth.
Forever homes, no matter how long or how short we live there, are
*always* filled with copious amount of love and tender care and
laughter and are always, always safe and snug and cozy. As I have said
in the past, the love we are given, as well as the love we gave comes
with us and when leave our heaven on earth , and is something that is
clearly seen on us when we arrive at the Bridge.

I think Sugar Babe put it best, she said, "To simply say thank you mom
for my forever home, or even to say I love you, does not quite cover
just how much you mean to me, and one day, when the time is right, that
door to heaven will open up to you and we will all be waiting there for
you, and then I can show you!"

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah