From:
Rachelle & McKyle Tuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 12:48:44 -0500
HI

When reading Bob C's post about ferret eyes, he briefly mentioned their
superior "nose abilities", and this made me think of something that both my
ferrets do.

Scenario: Both ferrets are sleeping peacefully in a hammock, usually on
their backs with noses and all four paws sticking up into the air.  I walk
quietly over to the cage and just look at my sleeping little angels (ha!)
without making a sound.  After 10-15 seconds of not moving, two little
ferret noses start to twitch and wiggle!  The wiggling increases, aiming in
my direction until after 10 more seconds or so the ferret's eyes open to see
who is there!

The point is, I guess they sniff me in their sleep and wake up!  It is
really cute to watch.

Happy Ferreting!
Rachelle Tuvell (I gotta ferret for Christmas!)
Merlin (I gotta mom & dad for Christmas!)
McKyle (I gotta brother for Christmas!)
David Tuvell (All I got was some lousy CDs and clothes!)