Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:18:34 -0400
Personally I don't care if someone sells homemade bedding to support a
shelter or their own ferrets.  I'll buy from either one.  My main concern
is that the bedding be well made and also NOT contain sherpa-type fleece.
My boys have had trouble with hairballs which the vet felt were created
by their eating kibble that they had carried to beds and hammies made
with sherpa, fuzzy, three-dimensional fleece.  I have bought beds and
hammies from both shelters and individuals.  I've often asked for
custom-made bedding to avoid the sherpa fleece.  I've been very pleased
with all I've bought.  If someone has a talent for sewing and wants to
use money to help feed and provide vet care for fuzzies, I'm all for it.
All fuzzies need a home, food, and vet care, regardless of whether they
are someone's personal ferret or a shelter ferret.

And PLEASE do not say you shouldn't have ferrets if you can't afford
them.  None of us know what the future brings.  We do our best from day
to day.  I used to have a great job as a professional librarian, but now
I'm on disability.  Should I have cast out my fuzzies when my health
failed me?  Obviously I don't think so.

Just my five cents worth!
Cindy and the crazy six (including three "rescued" ferts in need of
forever homes)