From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 18:17:00 EDT
Well I spoke with the owner of the house today.  she was very
understanding, not real happy but i understand that.

I will be able to stay until the end of my lease, which is November.  but
the ferrets have to go, I will keep some and she knows that.  she just
feels its to much for the house, and she is right.  With me working full
time again it will be very hard to properly care for 80 ferrets.

I'm lucky she was so nice.  she wants to sell the house but wants me to buy
it.  right now I'm not in the position to do that.  so I'll have to move
at the end of my lease.  This gives me time to find a better place for the
shelter and myself and my son.

I also have decided to give up the Coatimundis, they are not getting the
attention and care they deserve.  It is a hard decision but it has to be
done.  It will be better for them.

I will not let them go to any of our local zoos or sanctuarys, they are
horrible here.  So if any one is interested in the pair and their cage, a
great deal will be make on them.

I'm also placing some of the cats, we have taken in to many and its out of
control, all are ferret, dog frendly.  They will be free to a good home.
they are very sweet cats.

Not sure about the dogs yet, may place one of the Poms and maybe the new
pup.  Any help would be greatly appriciated.

I will also need help cleaning up the yards, per the landlord.  If anyone
can help with that,just let me know.

The shelter will still be running but just slowing down for a while untill
a better place is found.

Please no flames about this mess.  I'm already sick over it.  I've
dedicated years to the shelter and need to do what is best for the animals
and myself.  It proves you never know what shoes you may be standing in
one day, so its best not to pass judgement on others.

Thats why I keep my opnions to myself about alot of things on the list.
Remember if you can't be constructive and helpful its better to be quiet.

CJ
24 Carat ferret Rescue And Shelter
Las Vegas, nv
702-876-8224
P.S.  the raffle ends Sept 20th, we still have a very large vet bill and
will be still taking care of ferrets, mostly old and sick ones.