From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2008 18:10:17 -0400
Sometimes shelter work is so heart breaking!

The local police dept called today. Yes it was about a ferret ( they
thought), which had been located across town. So shelter Dad went to
the location ( ball flats) and found a ferret wrapped in a shirt...
The ferret was a brown dark sable resembling our Barn-y . It had been
left there to die, or dead and was just unearthed when the snow melted
enough to reveal it.

Poor little ferret. Buried for many months in a pile of snow.

We do not know if it had expired before it was left in a shirt or
after.. and we likely never will. Nothing was left to trace the
ownership or former ownership of this poor little critter.

So please say a prayer for the little lost soul who was lost over the
winter...

It is always something-- but finding homes for ferrets is so much
preferable to a rescue detail of this type.

Alicia and the many faces of Ferret Wise