From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:12:16 -0800
I am just curious...I have four ferrets, Zooey (4 yr. old MF female silver
mitt), Elsa (3 1/2 yr.  female albino), Linus (3 yr. MF silver male), and
Martin (1 1/2 yr. black sable male).  I've had Zooey for 2 1/2 yrs, and
she's got this interesting habit.  Zooey will bite the forearms of people
she doesn't know.  She's actually "chewing" more than biting.

She seems to prefer to "chew" guys over girls.  If she meets a guy, it is
guaranteed she will seek out his forearm and "chew" it.  She'll try her
hardest to climb into their sleeve, even when it's completely buttoned.  She
only does this to a quarter of the girls she ever meets, if that much.  Does
anyone else have a ferret that does this, and has a "preference" for boys?

Also, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who...has two girls who are
brilliant with the litter box, and two boys who just can't get it down.
Linus is a MF ferret, but Martin isn't.  Neither of them seem to be able to
figure it out on their own.  They need to be supervised or it's a complete
disaster...Is this a guy thing, or just random in my case?

Minta, Zooey, Elsa, Linus, and Martin