From:
Phyllis Elledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:20:33 -0500
Hello Sandee,
Would you please check on my babies.  We lost our first baby, Duckie, in
1995 due to an incompetent vet.  The day she passed I was given Rocky, a
tiny bundle of energy.  He was so little that he fit in my hubby's shirt
pocket.  A few months later I found a playmate for Rocky, a big boy we
named Bullwinkle.  From this day forth, for over 6 years, the two were
inseparable.  They were truly what you call "lifelong buddies".

Bullwinkle's, my wild man, had a large inoperable tumor that was found in
April, 2001.  Three days later Rocky, my little man, started having
seizures.  He was diagnosed with insulinoma, and shortly afterward with
Adrenal disease.  He had also been going blind from cataracts since he
was less than one year old.  We decided, with both of our boys, that with
their age and their health it wasn't humane to put either of them though
surgery.  We took both of them home with us.  We gave them all of the love
and care we could until each was ready to go.  Bullwinkle crossed first,
on July 5, 2001 from a large inoperable tumor.  Then, on January 7, 2002
Rocky let us know that he was ready to cross, also.

We have a wonderful vet that let us stay and hold each of our boys as he
helped them cross to the Bridge.  We had both of the boys cremated, and
their urns sit beside my computer.  I know that all three of them had the
best possible life we could give them and I'm grateful that we got to
share our lives with them.  But I still miss them so much.  Duckie has
been gone seven years so I am now able to look back at fond memories of
her.  Bullwinkle is sorely missed, but the thought of losing him still
hurts so much.  And my little man Rocky is the hardest to get over.  The
last three months of his life he slept on our bed beside my pillow.  When
he came back at night after eating, etc.  he always found my hand and
nuzzled it to let me know he was back.  But I miss him so much that I
can't even hear, type or say his name without crying.  When anyone asks
about him it still feels like I just lost him yesterday.  Maybe he was
just one of those "special" animals that buried itself so deep in my
heart that I'll never get over him.

Please, Sandee, check on my three kids.  Let me know that they are OK
and that I did the right thing by helping each one cross to the Bridge.
Thanks