From:
Angie George <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:50:46 -0800
I just had to write and thank everyone for the emails and especially for
letters sent to the MO.  Vet Board on Luna and I's behalf.  You are all
truly wonderful people.  The part of the vet bill that upset me, wasn't
necessarily the money, as I would do anything to save one of my babies.
It was the so called "nickel and diming" that was done.  I am still
looking for any bloodwork that was done, as obviously I was billed for it.
I did find it odd that I was charged for so many feeding needles, however
was sent home with only one to be used over and over.  Why did they feel
the need to use several if I was to use only one??  I have a wonderful vet
now who will return my phone calls, fax me, etc., and never charge for
these things.  $10 for a fax???  Please.  Also, I don't know if most
people realize it or not, but I drove for 2 hrs.  one way each time I
went to this guy, and was not allowed to use the restroom, rather directed
to go across the street and use Subway's.  I am a middle aged woman who
doesn't make it very far , especially when nervous, without having to
"take a potty break".  This seems petty on my part, but I think it was
petty on his part, also.  Also, I wrote three checks to this man, one to
be cashed immediately, and the other two to be held over a period of six
weeks.  I find it rather strange, that immediately after Luna had passed,
my banker called stating that this man was attempting to cash all three
checks, which he wasn't able to do.  I considered this a breech of
contract on his part.  I just thank God that through Troy Lynn Eckart, we
have found a most wonderful, compassionate veterinarian who I trust with
my babies completely.  I would like to know if anyone has idea of how I
would go about finding out if this bad vet has had any other complaints
filed against him.

angie george