Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:22:55 EDT
>Can we have an update on the Hagerstown kids?  How they are doing?
>Adoptions that have been made?  Seems odd that nothing has been posted
>about them since all of the fundraising smoke has cleared.  I understand
>from a very reliable resource that another 20 whole hobs were trapped in
>a state park nearby.  Naturally no one can prove that these guys were
>set loose by Ms. Bachman..it's just a very ironic coincidence.  What has
>become of them?  There is a nasty rumor circulating that not all of
>these kids are being spayed and neutered,...that some are being kept
>whole and returned to breeding....absolutely unthinkable after what
>these kids have been through.  Answers please?  Anyone?

I have been following the hagerstown rescue since it began, and I can't
imagine who would have started such a horrible and untrue rumor.  Every
ferret involved in this rescue (with the exception of one jill who was
too far along in her pregnancy to safely spay) has been altered.  There
were no exceptions.  I tend to think that those starting/perpetuating
these rumors may have a other issues with the shelter that is in charge
of the rescue.

These ferrets when rescued from Di Bachman had no breeding history..so it
would be unthinkable for anyone to use them in a breeding facility - and
that is why they are all being altered prior to placement.

Before accusing the shelter involved in the rescue, I would second and
third guess the accuser...

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
www.ferrethaven.org