From:
JudithMoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:58:40 -0800
Hi everyone!  I don't want to get involved in the adoptionn policies debate
about shelters.  Shelters have their own cross to bear and I deeply respect
the work most of them do.  What I did want to say was most small scale
reputable breeders have their own set of rules concerning the adoption of
their babies.  I personally like to have people that are stable.  A married
couple, or a long time couple.  I no longer adopt to young children.  That
is young people not out on their own and having a job and a place of their
own.  The reason (before the flames start) is that evey single person I
have adopted to that was living at home, has given up their ferrets within
the first two years.  I like to just talk to prospective adoptors.  If I
feel comfortable with them and they seem knowledgable they will pass.  Even
after a ferret is adopted out, I keep track of them and the family.  I try
to be there to help.  I tell everyone that adopted from me that I am there
to help if need be.  Sometimes it does not work out, and people do not want
to remain as part of the Moonsong Ferret extended family, but that is their
choice.

Judith
Moonsong Ferrets  Bred to be socially acceptable.
http://moonsongferrets.virtualave.net  &
http://homepages.msn.com:4890/PetsPl/judithmoon/