Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 12:50:56 -0600
Hi and thanks to the people who responded to my breeding info request!  We
had so much wonderful info and are *thinking* of starting a shelter first.
(not too sure about breeding until we know fuzzies inside out and
backwards!)

Our poor little Nihil has an injury and we're beside ourselves with worry.
I let my fuzzies out to run and Nemo came bounding out (as usual) but poor
Nihil emerged dragging his right, back leg.  We toted the little guy off to
a vet (where I must say he was extraodinarily well behaved.  Very unlike his
brother who bit the vet the second he came into the room!) but the vet
couldn't find anything wrong and wanted to take x-rays.  The whole time we
were there though, it felt as though the vet was implying that we are bad
fuzzy owners!  We found a new vet yesterday who *loves* ferrets.  She's the
nicest vet yet, and we're all living in hope that the little guy only has a
pinched nerve and nothing else.  The scariest thing is that when the vet
pinches Nihil's toes, Nihil doesn't notice.  He can't feel it.  :(

Nemo continues to suffer along with his brother.  He jumps on Nihil in hopes
he'll play, but all he gets is a hiss.  So, he carries his stuffed bunny
around by the ears and poutes because he has noone to play with.  Thank god
there's two of us, one to spend time with each ferret.

Keeping our fingers crossed,
Karen & Duncan

Nemo (Can we play blankie again??)
Nihil (I still want more treats mom!)