From:
Lynn Burroughs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 11:02:09 EDT
I'm interested in learning more about Waardenburg's syndrome in ferrets.
Having seeing blaze class competitions, I'm wondering if all blaze ferrets
(maybe the panda's also) have the syndrome.

If blaze and Waardenburg's do go hand in hand, I want to know if there are
ferret associations that do not sanction blaze class competition.  I'm
curious about this because I would really like to become a member of a
ferret association, but I don't wish to support an organization that
encourages the breeding of *any* debilitating genetic defects, regardless
of how novel the associated traits may be.

Bill, Kudos for the great job you've done as moderator.  It's impossible to
keep everybody happy all of the time, but I think you've managed to come
close.  I know my query about this issue may put some folks on the defensive,
so if you think this may generate new headaches to add to your already
sizable collection,  ;-)  please don't circulate my post.

Cheers,
Lynn Burroughs, Guinness and Magill
Rockville, MD