From:
Mark Andrew Pendl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 08:40:36 -0600
SNOW:
Well, I just love the FML.  Usually don't post, but a few things were
rollin' thru the noggin' after spitefully leaving my ferrets (in their
natural state rolled in a comforter) and walking out into the cold this
morning.  (brrr!  cold in da' nort!)

Well, Milwaukee finally has some good snow.  I took Sammy (m) and Esther
(fem) out on the back porch for a little snow fun.  Well, they both
basically looked at me as if to say "is this some sort of JOKE?" They were
very eager to get back into the warm kitchen.

I don't think they like the cold.  They don't like getting wet, either.
Sammy is constantly barging in on anyone in the shower, very interested to
see the strange man behind the curtain, but NOT interested in going in.
Word for the wise: Trim your ferret's nails before you lift it into the
shower.  Yeowch.

COLDS:
My SO got the flu, and so did Sammy and Esther.  They were so lazy I had to
take the food dish out of their condo (a three-story cage that we don't
really ever lock them up in, except when I am mopping the floor with oil
soap or other nasty smelly stuff) and put it on the floor.  I think Esther
was coughing.  They were like little hiccups but out, not in.  Sammy
repeatedly sneezes and then wipes his nose on whatever he is near.  In come
the cats, "Ferret food? Chow time!"  For some reason the ferrets LOVE the
Cat Chow and the cats prefer the ferret chow.

IGUANA:
So this friend of mine had this Green Iguana that he wasn't taking care of.
It looked skinny and emaciated, and hadn't had any fresh veggies for a
while.  He said, "hey man, I'm not really paying any attention to this, do
you want it?"  I'm not a herp kinda guy, but I took it just because it was
for free and I am a sucker for neglected animals.  Well, now Sammy and
Esther are even more intrigued by the new-smelling tank, but they haven't
come in contact with the iguana yet.  Anyone have any experience with this?
I think it is kinda mean to not let the iguana out at all, but- well- I saw
this documentary on the mongoose... they were killing a snake... I don't
know if a ferret would have the same idea.  Probably not, but I was just
wondering if anyone has any ideas on how an iguana fares as defending itself
against mammals in the home.

SUCKER:
I am such a sucker.  My friend from CA is having an operation done on his
fuzzbutt, enlarged spleen, I believe.  It is here in Wisconsin for now, but
will be flown out as soon as it is healed an over.  "Hey, why not keep him
at my place after the post-op until the arrangements are made to get him out
there," I said.  So it is yet ANOTHER critter roaming the headquarters.
Well, at least it will be one less ferret for the shelter to babysit.

Take care ya'll.  Love the homepage ferret photos.  Give your fuzzies a kiss.
I know I would.

*** Mark A. Pendl ** ZPT- Vuode ** [log in to unmask] ***