From:
James Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:09:20 -0800
Sandee,
I am rather late at writing you this note as my computer was in the shop.
Please understand.

I would like you to watch after a very good friend who's name is Oliver.
We had to help him over the Rainbow Bridge last Saturday after a long
battle with Lymphoma.  He fought a brave fight for well over a year, but
it was finally his time.

Oliver came into our lives about two years ago when we adopted him and
Sophie.  They were a fun loving pair who had been cage mates since Sophie
was very young.  We were told that Oliver was given that name because of
his "dirty nose" and that he reminded you of "Oliver Twist".

Oliver and Sophie (sister as we called her) loved to play and chase each
other around the house.  They gave us many hours of joy just watching their
antics.

But then Oliver started losing weight very rapidly, almost before we really
noticed it.  When we realized something was wrong, we took him to the vet
and had tests run.  We were told that he had cancer, and that he had maybe
a month left.  That was over 1 year ago.  Oliver was such a brave little
guy...would still scrap with the other kids if they got in his way.  He
was always gentle, but from time to time would have to let the younguns
know who was still boss.

Towards the end, his one true love was getting an occasional piece of candy
corn and drinking water from a "dixie cup" held by mom.  He would always
follow mom down the hall when she went to bed, get his drink, and curl up
on the bed until I came to put him back into his cage for the night.

Sandee, please give Oliver a message for me...

Oliver, I'm sorry if we waited too long.  We loved you very much and never
wanted you to leave us.  I just hope that you weren't in too much pain when
you left us.  Take care, have some candy corn and remember that we love
you still and will miss you always.

Love,
Dad, mom, Sophie, Seth, Maggie, Gabbie, Bently, Sally, Felix, Frannie,
Fiona, Fancy, Swish, Ruka