From:
Stephanie Yoong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 15:02:00 PST
Hello All...

Ferret math has struck my household again...thru no fault of my own, a
ferret 'picked' me while I was helping out at the Oregon Ferret Association
this weekend.  Apparantly this little girl was a biter, tho I picked her up
and it seemed we were destined to be together.  So from two there became
five and now I have six rambunctious fur children.  The newest member of the
household is a beautiful little albino girl who has been given the name
Mithryl.  (after the legendary armour from Lord of the Rings (except that
armor is spelled Mithril, I believe)) Anywho, she has been given that name
because it would appear that is what I need if she ever decides to bite
me...which she has on occasion...I made the mistake of thinking she would
like to go out for a walk (and of course to go out for a walk, she would
have to wear a harness and a leash) well, needless to say, the harness was
unagreeable with her and she let me know so in no uncertain terms.  So now I
sport a lovely scar that looks like I stupidly put a staple in my right
Index finger, when in reality, I stupidly put 2 ferret canines in my index
finger :P  In any case, I now have two shifts of three each.  3 vanilla kids
and 3 chocolate kids.  I told my fiance about the surprise and the poor man
was stupified.  (I couldn't manage to keep it a surprise)

So now onto my question...does anyone else have a really hyperactive ferret
that dances about dooking really loudly at nothing in particular?  And does
anyone else have a ferret that runs around with their tail completely bottle
brushed for the first hour or so after being let out for play time?  Or is
my little Mithryl just a very strange ferret?  One more question...are
albinos prone to being deaf?  My Sugar seems fine, but sometimes I swear
Mithryl is hard of hearing...it seems very easy to sneak up on her...or
perhaps she's still adjusting to her new home and is too preoccupied to care
that her large human is stalking her.

Do feel free to write with any suggestions on Mithryl's disposition...

     Stephanie
     with Sugar (whoo hoo! another girl ferret...I win!)
          Spice (aw man, I have to SHARE my boyfriend?!)
          Mithryl (I'm the cute one, but I don't like rasins)
          Kiner (I hate it when Stephanie brushes me)
          Avery (I'm droppin my coat like there's no tomorrow!)
          Putt-Putt (I'm the most snuggly one!)
     and Kimba (the kitty who puts up with them all)