From:
Carol Voivedich Rager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:10:07 -0500
I picked up a ferret that was turned in by his owner to our local animal
shelter last Wednesday.  When I first looked at the ferret I thought it
was a girl because the body was so small, but after I picked him up I
knew he was a boy.  Gave him a bath and started to check him out.  I
found his head and feet to be as big as a large male ferret who weighs
about 4 pounds, but his body is the size of a small girl.  Is he a dwarf?
I must say he is a peculiar looking ferret.  Last night I let him sleep
in my room with me and put him in the bed beside me after he was relaxed
and falling asleep.  Zeek, that is what I call him, would pant in his
sleep.  I have 21 ferrets and none of them look like this or have panted
in their sleep.  Should I have him x-rayed?  Do you think his organs
could be too large for his small body?  Has anyone else seen a ferret
like this?  Of course I have fallen in love already!

A quick update on Samson the mega esophagus ferret is wonderful.  My
Darlene I picked up last week with adrenal is doing great after her
surgery, but my old lady Callie who had adrenal surgery the last week in
June is now showing signs of adrenal again.  I hate having the second
adrenal removed.  I have not had much luck.

Let me know if anyone has heard of a ferret like Zeek.

Carol Voivedich Rager