Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 23:33:40 -0500
Hey Everyone,

Well it is so damn hot here I feel like I am back home in Springtime for
Houston. ;-)  Of course, I did have to laugh at the local news story on
runners in Mid Mo still running.  Sheesh, they have tracks in the most
traffic congested part of Houston for that, make sure you get all the
benefits of high heat, humidity and pollution.

All the kids are doing great.  Miss Stella and Miss Delilah are already
healed up from their adrenalectomies and Nicky is looking good after
loosing some teeth.

The rest of the crew is doing pretty good but I think Miss Pookie may have
adrenal again.  If so, it is either a re-growth or her left side.  I am
trying to decide what to do, because she has already had 3 major surgeries
(besides her spay) and near as I know, she is around 7 years old now.
But...she seems otherwise extremely active and healthy.  She has always
bounced back extremely fast from her surgeries.  And she still cusses me
out on a regular basis.

I have been playing with my new toys today.  I got myself a new Mac G4 and
a new Epson scanner which has a transparency adapter on it.  Too cool.  I
can scan in negatives, slides, pics, etc. up to 4x5 format.  Plus the
machine screams with the cable modem.  Took me about 3 minutes to download
the latest version of Netscape off the internet today.

And all that means I can add lots of pics to my web site.  I have leaned
towards slide film for a lot of my work in the past.  So now I don't have
to go to the expense of having prints made and then scanning them in (I
only have a black/white darkroom).  My friends have been laughing cause I
keep calling them saying "Ok I am sending this now." I just can't get over
that a $300 scanner can take my color negs and scan in for correct color.
I feel so uptown now.

I am going to do some photography work for the Tie Dye Queen's site and in
return am going to recruit her for a helper in taking ferret pics.  She
loves the little babies and I know she won't mind.  Speaking of, Miss Myrna
Loy has a testimonial up on Karen's page.  hehe.  You can visit it at
http://www.tiedyequeen.com/testim.html And yes, it is a shameless plug, but
for one of my ferrets.  ;-)

hugs to all,

Maggie and her Magnificent 29