Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 08:35:37 -0700
Dear Ferret Friends: I am re-posting this for Alicia Drakiotaes/Ferret
Wise Shelter.  We REALLY want/need your help.  This is such an important
part of the ongoing ADV education, and research.  There are 5 ladies here
in Reno ready and willing to make blocks.  I will then put them together,
quilt the panel, and send it on to Alicia.  All we need are the names of
your ferrets with ADV, or that have passed on.  Please, will you help?
The following info will help answer your questions.

Thank you
Ardith
Thankful my ferrets test Negative for ADV
*************************************
WE (ADV quilt committee) are building an ADV MEMORY QUILT!

A wonderful idea birthed at the 2002 IFC Ferret Symposium.  Thanks
to the imaginative thoughts of Lin Miller ,a collaboration, who has
conceived a wonderful educational exhibit form to HELP bring awareness
of and FIGHT ADV!

What the project is:
Caretakers, Owners & Friends of ADV positive ferrets are invited to
create 12 inch x 12 inch quilt square ( blocks) .  These blocks should
be on 100% cotton fabric - but there is no restriction on method of
creation - quilted, painted , appliquid, dyed etc.

The ferrets NAME and STATE of residence of the ADV ferret) will be placed
within the square.  This will protect the owners identity - BUT will
allow viewers to see that ADV is certainly closer than we suspect.

The quilt squares should be forwarded to:

ALICIA DRAKIOTES
PO BOX 562
Marlborough, NH 03455-5062

or
ARDITH RAINE
275 Ramsey Way
Reno, NV 89506

The first and second quilt panel have been completed .  These panels will
be available for reservation - for exhibition at functions from which
proceeds will benefit ADV research through donations to the U of GA.
(email :[log in to unmask] for more specifics).

The quilt panels will be scheduled and monitored.  Each group will be
required to pay for all postage costs and insure it , return it AND
notify the committee of the DONATION CHECK payable to U of GA "University
Foundation ADV Research" generated at the fund raiser.  The quilt panel
is required to be returned by a specific deadline so that we will be able
to get it to the next scheduled event.  The participating organizations
will also be required to insure shipping, pay repair or cleaning costs
which may be incurred through damage., etc.

The ADV quilts (much like the traveling AIDS quilt) will add a very
dynamic slant to fundraising efforts and will memorialize and pay
tribute to those ferrets (and caretakers of) who have lived with this
debilitating disease.

Please consider including the ferret you care for with ADV in this
worthwhile project.  More details will be available as the first panel
nears completion.  We hope to have several NEW panels completed by the
IFC 2005 Ferret Symposium.

http://help4adv.terrabox.com/ADV-quilt.html