From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:23:48 -0500
As you know I have been the craigslist "ferret police" on the Oregon
coast, warning people who are giving their ferrets away to be careful
of snake owners and dog fighters. I also look at photos if they are
posted for icky stuff like cheap cat food, etc that is included with
the ferret and then tell people to PLEASE not give that to the new
people. Well...some people email back and thank me....most do not...
and on those rare times I am asked to take the ferret or ferrets. I've
been broadening my horizons and have checked craigslists in other parts
of OR. Well, two different ferret owners inland contacted me to take
their ferrets. I gave my daughter their contact numbers because BOTH
lived near where she goes to college about 3 1/2 hours from here. Can
you believe it? Plus she was coming home for winter break!

When she contacted one family they INSISTED that she take the ferret
IMMEDIATELY.... so giant Boomer spent a few days in her dorm room....
ssshhh. Liz never even told me until she got home. The other family had
3 ferrets living sometimes in the house and other times OUTSIDE in a
small rabbit hutch....eating cheap cat food. There had been 4 but one
"disappeared". When Liz arrived to take the ferrets the wife was locked
outside by the irate husband and she was screaming obsenities at him,
banging on the door....she told Liz they were arguing but not about
the ferrets. Liz politely refused the nasty, poop-crusted rabbit
hutch....thankfully.

Boomer....5 yr old "female" with a bellybutton! Ya right! So this poor
guy has been in a small cage for FIVE years walking on wire, with only
an old towel to sleep on with parrot toys hanging from pieces of twine
and eating Meow Mix....ICK. He had been posted repeatedly on craiglist
which is the main reason I made contact because I felt he was on the
verge of being dumped. He's flabby, floppy, and his teeth are covered
with tarter.....double ICK. Boomer not only looks like my sweet Parker
who recently left for the Bridge, he also has his personality! Can you
believe it?

The other 3 who came with horrible names and are waiting for new ones
include a teeny tiny white girl with a black-tipped tail (ermine
looking) who is definitely a cross between Gem and Socks who also
left for the Bridge recently. One other is a pretty white girl who is
totally overwhelmed by everything and then there's a cinnamon Siamese
guy who is a look-alike for my Hero.

Nancy, who is feeling so blessed and SO HAPPY with 15