From:
"Suzanna C. Donahue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:16:36 EDT
FINALLY!  It took over a month, but finally they are all playing together
and Zinc seems more herself.  The dynamics are still somewhat different,
but I guess that's to be expected when you add a new one.  I'm just so
grateful to see all of them playing together.  Unfortunately, we still have
several accidents (litterbox misses) to deal with each night.  We were very
fortunate (and spoiled) to have ferrets that hit the box 95% of the time.
Since Riki came on board, Zinc has been going right beside the box.  Riki
also goes right beside the box and even right beside the food dish.  I
expected to deal with litter box training for Riki, but I have to wonder
why Zinc has decided to regress...

Another thing I've noticed since the addition of Riki is that both Pixie
and Zinc are beginning to smell like her.  The primary reason, I suppose,
is that they all sleep together, and Riki is REALLY smelly -- stinky
smelly.  I miss Pixie's buttered popcorn (and occasionally caramel corn)
smell on her belly, and Zinc's sweet musk smell.  I used to wake them up
just to smell their bellies (that's when it was the strongest).  (Does
anyone else notice that their ferret smells like popcorn or do I just have
unusual ferrets?)

Will Riki's smell get more subtle as she gets older?  It's our first time
having such a young ferret (approx.  4.5 months old), so we don't really
know what to expect.

Much dooking and dancing,
Suzanna Donahue