From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:41:28 -0400
If someone here is in or near Orlando, FL, and is interested, please,
let me know so that I can pass on your info to my relative down south
who will then pass on the info to her friend who has the ferrets.  I've
been given no details about these ferrets but i have real fear that my
relative may take them, and this is the same relation who never provided
medical care for a young ferret dumped on her in the past even though we
sent $75 specifically for vet care for the ferret, and provided food,
bedding, books, supplies, and a cage (which we took back over her
protests to discourage her getting another ferret after that young one
died without medical care).  That last ferret died at the age of only two
years of heartworms, a totally preventable death because in Florida they
are known to be endemic so anyone there with any sense gives heartworm
preventives to susceptible companion animals.  Not providing veterinary
care is a form of abuse even if it can't be prosecuted as that in too
many states.  So, write to me here in NJ and I'll pass your info on down
there.  I really am worried that this relative may take them.  I have
passed on shelter info.  Hopefully, this is not someone who will assume
that any private home is better than any shelter because that is not a
valid assumption.  I hope they wind up safe.