From:
Joanne Gelormino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:39:03 -0400
Just an update on my 6.5 year old post-op adrenal ferret who had the
bladder infection and temperature for three weeks.  Thanks to all who
emailed me and offered advice.  I decided to go ahead with the exploratory,
and Slinky had an enlarged spleen removed last Friday.  His temperature has
been normal since then.  He is eating his gruel real good and improving
every day.  I'm hoping the spleen was playing havoc with his system.  The
right adrenal wasn't bad, so my vet left it alone.  A special thanks to Dr.
Wil Barrios of the East Hartford Animal Clinic in CT.  To the person who
asked about the aspirin: I only gave it to him for three days prior to the
surgery, so it didn't pose a risk.  I don't know the answer to your
question about stopping aspirin before surgery.  A vet would have to answer
that one.  I only gave it to him because he was uncomfortable and the
antibiotics were not keeping his fever down.  I'm glad I went ahead with
the surgery.  He came through fine for those wondering about older ferrets
having surgery.  I hope his problems are over.

Moxie

--
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/949746 (go there and try it!) or,