From:
Rick White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:20:38 EST
Bob's current journey continued down I-35 south from Dallas to San
Antonio.  His first stop in SA was the Zoo (of course) where he could
visit the animal exhibits and take a few photos.  His next stop was The
Ferret SAFE House.  Bob arrived on schedule (late, as is usual) as per
our prior telephone conversation.  What a wonderful treat for Candi and I
to welcome Bob into our home and to visit our shelter.  After handshakes
and hugs, it was off to see the ferrets of SAFE.

Our discussions took us to many areas of various subjects.  Of course
the primary topic is ferrets and how to make what we have even better.
For those who know Bob personally, they also know his subject matter
expertise is limitless.  Everyone must eat, so off to The Little Bavarian
Restaurant for some great German food to nourish our bodies, and more
great conversation for the soul.  Then back to the house for desert and
more ferret talk.

Knowing that Bob's schedule for stop offs on his travels is very tight,
We begrudging had let him leave.  So, at 2:30 AM Bob was back on the road
(I-10 west) headed for Tucson, AZ.  I really hated to let him go at this
hour, but he assured us he would be all right as he is a night person.
He did promise to catch some sleep after a few hours down the road.  So
with a friends hand shake and a prayer for his safety in my heart, I
watched him start the next leg of his journey to visit friends and
ferrets at the next shelter on his journey to CaCa-land.

Dooks and Blessings,
Rick White, SAFE Treasurer
Tel: 210-661-9195 or 210-661-0608