From:
The Mommy Mall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:07:18 -0500
Bubbles was one of foster kids that I took in for Jean at Ferrets
Unlimited.  She had insulinoma and adrenal and was very underweight.
She had never been to a vet, had no toys or blankees and was dumped by
her human.  She was very sweet and affectionate from day one.  I hand-fed
her and snuggled her and carried her around with me.  She quickly became
a permanent member of our family as we all fell in love with her.  We
gave her good food, lots of love, plenty of snuggly blankets and toys
to play with.  We took her for surgery and nursed her.  Everything was
looking good.  She was eating and gaining weight.  Last week we took her
in for her first Lupron shot and were all waiting to see what would
happen.  Yesterday she crashed and we took her to the vet.  They told me
they would keep her on IV fluids and I could pick her up later in the
day.  When I left without her, I had this sick feeling that she wouldn't
be coming home at all.

They called to tell me she was doing well and then 15 minutes later
called to tell me she was gone!  I am devastated that I wasn't with her
when she passed.  She should have been at home in my arms and not in a
scary vets office.  My husband brought her home and we all said goodbye.
We put her in her favorite snuggle sack and buried her in the flower
garden.  I have lost cats and dogs and humans, but this is my first
ferret loss.  It never gets any easier.

I just want to thank Jean for giving me the opportunity to fall in love
with Bubbles, for Rosemary German for making the snuggle sacks that she
loved so much and for the opportunity to share my grief with people that
understand.

Sweet Bubbles in her Hammy
http://www.genglo.com/cuppy/bubbles.jpg

Julianne Gentile