From:
Karen McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:43:50 -0400
>As a side note about the FAA I have not heard of a sucessful transport
>done by them in the last five years.

On July 1, 2006 two ferrets were transported to my home by way of the
FAA. These weren't *noteworthy* ferrets, just two little girls who's
previous owner couldn't handle them (they dug in his plants and one bit
toes....imagine ferrets doing such things, what heathens). The previous
owner tried selling these girls on one of the ferret boards to anyone
who'd give him the cash, he simply wanted them gone before his blood
pressure rose to the point of harming them (yes, he said he felt he was
about to do them harm). I was happy to take them but had no way of
getting them from CT to me here in NJ, as I do not drive. In stepped
the FAA. Nancy coordinated and Renee handled the transport. Now, more
then a year later, my little girls (Libby and Lola....who had no names
before) are forever home, safe, happy, healthy and well loved....thanks
to the FAA.

The FAA received no publicity for this transport and no kudos (other
then from me) for it either. It was just a couple of *unknown* ferrets
after all, nothing that would gain anyone any sort of recognition. Who
would care, right? Well, I cared....and so did the FAA.

Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Some folks just don't need to receive attention for what they do. Why
would they when, as you've said, it's for the ferrets.

Karen McCabe

http://www.cinnamonsprite.net
http://www.addictedtoferrets.net