From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:42:05 -0700
I have a ferret who has adrenal issues. He is bald on his back, but not
his belly, legs, head or tail (weird, I know). He's almost 6 years old,
and is, unfortunately, not being treated for the adrenal (I've been
unemployed since 2007).

He eats fine, drinks fine. We watch to make sure that he's not getting
dehydrated, not having problems going (either pee or poo). For the last
week or so, his poo has been very soft, sometimes almost liquid. He did
not, however show any signs of dehydration or lack of appetite (we do
the "pinch" test and all).

Today, he went to go poo, and nothing would come out. A couple minutes
later, he went back and a bit of liquid came out, but not much. Is
there anything we can do to help him?

This is brand new, and we will continue to monitor to see if it
resolves on its own. We have duck soup here, and baby food, and other
things to provide nutrition. What else can we do?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Debbie