Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:55:08 -0500
Dear FML readers,

Apparently a few folks just did not understand my original post; I.E.,
when there are 2 ferrets is a kill animal control agency, why would any
ferret shelter refuse to take these ferrets in? Every type of animal
shelter and/or foster home has no incoming funds,except for a hand full
of adoptions and the occasional donation. Again, I was not singling out
any one ferret shelter, but any ferret shelter who would turn their
backs to a desperate Animal Control Agency, to take in, what, two
ferrets? Headed for death? How about phone calls? Communication between
ferret shelters, networking and so on...

The entire U.S. is going still going through a depression. We are
receiving weekly calls from over 15 Animal Controls throughout VA. who
have rescued pets of all sorts locked inside of an abandoned apt.,
condo or homes, where the owners are just leaving the pets behind,
due to foreclosure or eviction. I'm guessing they are hoping that
the rental agencies or neighbors are going to rescue these starving,
dehydrated pets. Poop always rolls downhill, so we have been getting
more & more incoming calls for ferrets either abandoned, let loose,
or even left in cardboard boxes on my doorstep.

Yes, children are left behind, as are all animals, single moms,
homeless people and elderly people... But RFRL is a f0erret-specific
rescue.

Gordon- I know you very well. Met you in 1999. Invited you to be a
steward at our first ferret show in 2000. Flamed you only once on
the FML. Check the FML Archives. Please clean out your 12 year old
home-made cage more often and move them inside from your back porch. I
am glad that you support Ferrets First, but, did anyone ask for your
references? Which vet you use? Meet you in person? I think you said
yourself that a transfer had been arranged for you to adopt your 2
ferrets.

I imagine you are still upset that RFRL would not adopt a ferret to
you 2 years ago.

And due to the fact that many people are afraid to speak their minds,
even by computer, not face-to-face, most of the readers have no idea
what has been said and done behind this horrible scene. This is so sad.

Hi Fred, and Kudos to your support of all shelters. It IS hard work,
but very rewarding. Heartbreaking at times, but nonetheless, still a
worthy cause.

Bill, I adore you, and hope to meet you face-to-face one day. You do
an incredible job putting out this forum each and every day. I have
no clue how you do this.

And if anyone would like to stop seeing arguments or "flames" on this
subject, please feel free to email or call me:
Or, Contact Paige Collier at 804-265-8812 / [log in to unmask]

Sincerely yet disgusted,

Marlene Blackburn
Director
RFRL