From:
Larry and Tequita Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:16:53 -0500
The manager of a local Wharehouse For Pets asked me about legal issues
surrounding the selling of unaltered ferrets in pet stores in NC.  As
far as I know, it is not illegal.  :o(  She said that there is a store
in Burlington doing just that.  I will investigate.  Any FMLers live in
Burlington, NC?

On another note, this Wharehouse For Pets was very clean and has lots of
ferret "stuff".  The baby ferrets (three) were clean and their housing
was clean.  The bottom of the container had Yesterdays News instead of
shavings and they also had a litter box.  There was a Kong toy, a
stuffed squeaky "ferret" toy and a red roll around ball.  They had a
clean, large, shallow food bowl, with good quality, appropriate food and
plenty of water in a clean bottle. All food/H2O was easily accessible.

One of the employees said that they put the ferrets in harnesses and
walk them around the store occasionally. The only thing I would add
would be a cozy bed.  The babies were sleeping in the roll about ball.

The manager said she would gladly give out our information sheets to
each person who buys a ferret.  We will be having an educational day
there after the first of the year.

I'm not fond of pet stores, but I have to say, this one was nice.  It is
located on High Point Road, in Adams Farm in Greensboro, NC.  They do
not sell cats, dogs, etc.

Tequita Williamson
Ferret Haven
The Piedmont Ferret Association