From:
Alex Leon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 23:22:43 -0400
Hi all!

As a long time subscriber and sometime poster to the FML I must say I am
shocked at the events in Michigan.  Every time I read an article about poor
Kodo, I am moved to tears.  I thought common sense would prevail, and little
Kodo could go home and just be a ferret, like before.  But common sense is
ALWAYS the least common of the senses.  I do not understand how someone can
not feel compassion for this family who is fighting not to lose one of it's
members.  It makes my wonder if Michigan's governor has ever owned a pet
himself, because any pet owner, ferret or not, can feel the Jacobs' pain.  I
could understand (not agree) the decision by the state of Michigan if Kodo
was sick, but not the execution of a perfectly healthy ferret.

I have called the White House today, e-mailed everyone I know to do the
same, and hopefully this madness will end happily for all parties concerned.
If it doesn't, let us all remember that Michigan is not the only state that
has these laws.  We must make an effort to get these laws changed ASAP, so
not just our fuzzies, but everyone's pets can be safe from these unfeeling,
uncaring scum that we seem to have placed into positions of power.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying an extra prayer tonight for Kodo.

Alex Leon