From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 13:33:19 -0700
To my 'math wiz' fert pal ;o)

We jus thought we would throw a few more bits of data into the equation.

>There are a couple thousand subscibers to this list.  If there were some
>thirty posts about ill ferrets that would represent only a bit over 1% of
>the ferret owning households that subscribe.Since quite a few if not most
>of us have well over 1 ferret that means it would be well under 1%.Since
>its more like 3/4 posts than its only some 0.1%.  Admittedly this is a
>daily occurance but quite a few ill ferrets get mention far more than
>once.It doesn't sound like epidemic to us.  <bill speaking>Oh I'm a
>professional mathmatician/software engineer so this math and statisitics
>stuff comes naturally to me.Sorry...

Ya mention the population of the FML as the core group to correlate the
statistical ratios by, and at this, you come up with an incredibly low
actual instance of illness as a topic, however, if ya broaden that data
within the core group, to the worldwide population of ferrets in homes, you
will in fact see that the overall ratio will diminish even further.

There are thousands of thousands more ferts than live here at the FML.

>Mr.Lipinski,Please stop attacking any breeder of ferrets isn't you.
>It is getting quite old to hear bad mouthing of those of us involved
>in the AFA, LIFE, LOS and all other ferret groups that aren't you.

Mr.Lipinski I think misses the entire point of FML anyway, and it is an
enormous step for ferret freedoms that the Internet has allowed for such
instant communication as occurs here by this medium, regardless of which of
many beneficial topics are dicussed, but even more so, that this list should
serve this community so well in times of emergency and tradgedy, indeed sir,
I thank the Lord every day for this wonderful Blessing, and also for
allowing me the joy and priviledge to be a part of His gift to ferrets, the
1990's Ferret Internet Network of Fertfolks.  It is I think unfortunate,
that you do not come to the FML to partake of any blessing for ferretkind
Edward, but rather seem intent on cursing the blessed.  I perceive your
entire motivation as 'self promotion' not fert promotion!

I'd also like to ask you Edward, or rather am compelled to by concern, I
wonder since you're adamant that your behaviors aren't at all abusive to
ferrets, if you would be up for an investigative visit from a couple of
friends of mine?  One's a humane society veterinarian and the other a gal
who specializes in animal cruelty investigations.  In discussing the now
infamous procedure of harnessing biters with these folks, they have both
indicated an 'interest' in observing your practice of this method.  As I
understand it, they may well drop by your 'establishment' in days ahead.

To all the fertfolks of FML, keep up the dooky good job!  And to Bill you
keep up the great fertmath too!  And remember, pride goeth before a fall.

Hope everyone is just as stuffed as the bird was yesterday! ;O)

Fightin Furiously Fer Ferrets Freedoms

Ferris (Get down? Whatta ya mean get down? Hithhhh nerva som folks!)

and my mom
Ms. Deba Brezden
Director, Canada Chapter IFRIC
mailto:[log in to unmask]