From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 09:28:03 -0700
I just wanted to share a nice vet story we dont seem to here the enough :)

It was time for my Ghost the youngest to get his rabies shot my doc had
us put about 4 weeks between it and the distemper because he was so
young, It was something that impressed me most of all in the waiting room
I was hold Ghost and talking to him when a little girl and her mother
came in to pick up food for there dog, the little girl was extremly
curious about ghost and who wouldnt be this grey wiggly thing looked
like fun well when the mom said it would be alright if she petted him
she came right up but as she extended her hand some older man sitting at
the opposite side of the room yelled be careful they bite the little
girls hand flew back and you could see the fear in her eyes I responded
as loud as I could without yelling mine loves children the poor girl was
so scared but wanted to play with him so bad at this point the mom who
really didnt seem interested made it a point to come over and pet Ghost
allowing her daughter the courage to pet him and Ghost gave her a kiss
it was so sweet as he kisses her I heard a umph from the old man, Seems
my little guy showed him lol!

well the rest of the vet appt. I even learned a new trick I dont know
why but I had brought the ferret vite with me and the vet said give him
some while I give him the shot you wont even have told hold him down he
will be to interested in it to notice the shot well it worked now for a
vet visit I will never leave home without the ferret vite!!  ( I dont
think it will work as well when they get their temp taken but its worth
a shot)  Im extremly happy to report he had no reactions to either the
distemper or the rabies shot!!

Happy Dooks,
Michelle, Ghost, Avalon, and Miss Odo