From:
Jennifer Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:49:53 -0500
Hello fellow ferret lovers!  I would like to take a little time to
introduce myself and my three "siwwy fuzzies"!!  I'm Jennifer and I live
down here in "the Sunshine State" of Florida.  I've lived in the same
little town of Bradenton (close to Sarasota) all my life (22).  I have had
all kinds of pets as I am an extreme animal lover and ferrets are by far
the best!!!  I'm not sure what possesed me to actually search for one (I go
through these phases), but three and a half years ago I looked through the
local newspaper and came across an ad: ferret for sale.  On February 10th,
1996, I became the proud mommy to my first bundle of joy, Geech.  He's a
light silver mitt-about 4 years old.  A month later, March 21st to be
exact, (through the paper again) Skeeter joined the family.  She's an
albino around 4-1/2 years old.  For the first few months she was a biter!!!
She's much better now (just a little lick lick bite every now and then). :)
A year and seven months ago, a friend informed me he had just stumbled
across a ferret in his garage.  If I wanted him, I could have him.  How
could I pass that up???  The little guy was dehydrated, so he took him to a
rescue/shelter and told them he had found a home for the fuzzball.  In the
meantime, I never knew there was such a thing!!!  I contacted the shelter
and if no one claimed him- he was mine, all mine!!  Weeks went by-finally,
a phone call!  I went for a visit and explained that I had two ferrets.
Jeanine of Ferret Rescue (Hi!) said "Muttley" was a little aggressive with
other ferrets (and she took a liking to him:))

so she suggested I look at another ferret who had just come in-needless to
say, I went home with Snickers!!!  He's a 4 year old sable.  As all of you
know, they are like having a bunch of two year olds (humans) running around
the house!!!  I love them with all my heart!  I love to find information
and products as well as keepsake stuff on them-I have never gone to such
extremes.  My arms are always open to a needy ferret (or ferret person).
Just let me know!  I am taking home two new ferrets (Bodie and Breezy) from
the shelter as soon as I move into my new house (where the ferrets will
have a whole room all to themselves!).  Obviously, this is not a phase!!
If I still have anyone's attention: I am waiting for an Expo, show,
something to come to Florida-does anyone know of ANY events in Florida
relating to ferrets???  You can e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]

And last, but not least, please go to iGive.com, become a member (it's
totally free), and support the Ferret Rescue in the Sarasota area!!!!!!

Hugs, Kisses, and Ferret Blessings to all,
Jen
Geech (lazy-boy)
Skeeter (aww, Mom, not another bath!)
Snickers (I'll give you lots of kisses for some Ferretvite!)
Bodie and Breezy (hurry up and move so we can take over!)