From:
Bob Rudich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 15:06:00 EDT
This is the term we've always  used and we had ferrets before the FML came
to be.

The couple of comments about the ferrets that play for a short time and then
flat ferret need to be checked out.  If this is a new behavior or done much
sooner than before, it could be a sign of lethargy.  In turn, this could be
an early sign of what I call the big 3, insulanoma, adrenal disease, or
lymphosarcoma.  The change can be so gradual that it is easy to shrug off.

Our 1st ferret developed lymphosarcoma and we didn't put any significance to
his extra resting until after the fact.  If you find your ferret
consistently plays less than you remember, there is a reason, and you need
to figure it out.  It may be nothing, but then again, you have noted a
change and wonder.

   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Till next time.......Rudy the ferlosopher
      \   \