From:
SuburbaKnight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 10:18:43 -0400
This debate over the Modern Ferret/Playboy article has become laughable.  I
have read the debate over the last few days and the humor is growing.
The funny part is that, for the most part, the so-called religious and
righteous people who have a problem with nudity are the same ones who
espouse the "god-created-everything" point of view.  That being their
presumed reality, it's funny that they cast dispersions and judgements upon
the image of a naked body being revealed.  And here I thought violence in
schools and crimes against children were threatening.  A gorgeous woman,
who is secure enough with herself to appear naked, also happens to like
ferrets, and people are canceling subscriptions and writing hate-mail??
It's almost as shameful as closeting children away from the realities of
this world.  And worse, this debate has infected this FML which, for the
most part, tends to be free of socio-religious debates.  I guess the next
debate will be those calling for us to "cover the nakedness of ferrets"
to hide their shame.  Hehe.