From:
"William M. Davidson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:08:50 -0700
Hobbes unexpectedly started vomiting three weeks ago.  I thought he had
an obstruction but an x-ray ruled that out.  He recovered quickly but did
not want to eat his kibble so I hand feed him duck soup.  I thought he
was getting better.  However, he vomited again in a week.  This time his
vet thought he had an ulcer and I gave him antibiotics.  I should add
that his behavior was close to normal and still enjoyed playing with
Calvin and Girlita.

About one week ago, he was unable to keep his duck soup down and a
blood test showed a massive infection.  He was hospitalized with an IV
and injectable antibiotics.  He didn't get better so yesterday he had
exploratory surgery.  His vet discovered three malignant tumors so he
was not allowed to wake up.  One tumor was blocking where his stomach
emptied into the small intestine.  That explained his vomiting and the
massive infection.

Hobbes will always be remember because of his interest in foot related
stuff.  He hid our shoes, slippers, socks, or anything that touched a
foot.  He also would love to come up to a bare foot, sniff it, and gently
bite it.  Not enough to draw blood but you know he wanted your attention.
Hobbes was clearly the head ferret at our house.  He would not allow
another fuzzies to boss him around.  Of course he would run, tumble, war
dance, and doke with our family of fuzzies but when he had enough he let
the others know.

Hobbes would tolerate only so much loving from humans.  I would pick
him up and give him a hug.  After a short period of time to me, he would
gently put his mouth on my hand and gently give me a love bite to let me
know it was time to put him back on the floor.

One day I heard a noise in the bathroom.  I knew the toilet lid was down
because that is one of our rules at this house.  I went in and saw he
had removed all of the toilet paper from the roll.  He looked so proud
of himself.  I know he enjoyed doing that.

Hobbes will be missed in our household.  Us humans and especially Calvin
who was his cage mate until he got sick.

--
William M. Davidson

1704 Blume, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
505 294 4571

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they
don't want, to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers