From:
Britney Hee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:59:36 EDT
Hi all

I'm writing cause id like some advice.  There is a family pet center in
the Holyoke mall here in MA and I frequently go in to see the new furry
babies.  I work at the mall so i stop in a lot and every time i do I've
seen ferrets which just don't seem to be bigger than my hand sometimes
and I'm a small person.  They are obviously too little to be fed solid
food and WHEN AND IF THERE IS FOOD in the cage its always hard.

the last 4 times I've been in there the food dish has been empty.  the
same woman is always working there and i politely tell her that the food
dish is empty.  the first time i did she just gave me a curt thank you
and i left.  i checked back 2 days later and surprise surprise the food
dish was empty again.  what really got me that time was a little one i
was petting through the wire actually dragged his bowl over to me and
just kinda stared at me.  it broke my heart!  now when i tell this lady
she always makes excuses and says the ferrets had "just finished their
food 15 min ago" and the last time she actually had the nerve to tell me
"ferrets don't need that much food anyway" what does she mean "that much
food"??  the dish was empty!  i don't know what to do i almost feel like
if i don't keep going in and saying something these poor animals are
going to starve or something.  There are other people who work there
obviously but many times it just seems they are too busy chit chatting
with each other or taking care of the dogs and cats.  does anyone have
any suggestions as to what can be done or should i just forget about
this?  I know this isn't the first time there has been complaints about
this chain either.

thanks,
Britney